The teachings of Lord Krishna have been written down
in a book famously known as 'Bhagwad Gita'. It is the holy book of
Hindus. It is to Hindus, what Bible is to Christians or what the holy
Quran is to Muslims. Since the book is quite big and extensive,
sometimes it becomes difficult for a person to read at a stretch. Geeta
Saar is the gist of the main teachings of Lord Krishna. It contains the
crux of the Holy Gita.
Lord questions everyone over various issues and asks them to give up
the illusionary world. Bhagwan Krishna says, the only way to achieve
life long happiness is to surrender to him.
- Why do you worry unnecessarily? What are you afraid of? Who
can kill destroy you? A soul is never born, so it never dies.
- Whatever happened in the past, happened for the best;
whatever is happening, is happening for the best; whatever will
happen in future, will happen for the best. Do not repent the past,
do not worry for future, concentrate on your present.
- What did you own, that makes you cry on losing? What did you
bring, that you fear losing? What did you give birth to, that you
fear its destruction? You didn't bring anything. Whatever one takes,
one must return it to God. Everyone came empty handed and will
therefore die, empty handed.
- Whatever belongs to you today, belonged to someone else
yesterday and it will belong to some one else tomorrow. Don't be
illusioned by maya. Maya is the root cause of all pain and misery.
- Change is the rule of nature. What one understands, as death
is actually life itself. One moment you are the owner of crores and
in the very next moment you become a pauper.
- Your body doesn't belong to you and vice versa. Body is
composed of five elements- Fire, Water, Air, Earth and Sky; one day
it will perish in these elements.
- Offer yourself to the Almighty Lord. This is the best
support. One who knows this unconditional support gains freedom from
fear, worry and despair.